top of page

Town of Ottawa

Construction Materials

W360 S3337 Hwy 67

Dousman, WI  53118

To obtain a building permit from Town of Ottawa, a zoning permit must first be obtained from Waukesha County Parks and Land Use.  Please contact them at 262-548-7790 or

Requirements for New Homes

Requirements for Additions

Primary Building Inspector

Checks must be made out to TOWN OF OTTAWA & mail to:

Town of Ottawa

W360 S3337 Hwy 67

Dousman, WI  53118

All paperwork must be hard copied.  Once all required documents are submitted, an INSPECTOR WILL REVIEW THEM AND CONTACT YOU WITH A PERMIT FEE.  Permits are not considered issued until payment has been received. If you have any questions on the permit process, please call us at 262-490-0513.

Thomas Marks

      Phone:  262-490-0513



Town Hall Location

Requirements for Accessory Buildings, Including Pools & Decks

Requirements for Remodeling

  • Zoning permit from Waukesha County Parks and Land Use may be needed – confirm with inspectors

  • Three sets of plans and description of work being done

  • Possible site evaluation – confirm with inspector

  • Completed Wisconsin Uniform Building Permit Application

All work on additions, remodels and decks must have an updated dwelling contractor certification if not done by the property owner.

bottom of page